Wiztivi develops the Asian extension of Toshiba Places.
22 May 2012
WizTiVi, leader in the development and operation of interactive platforms, partners with Toshiba Europe GmbH, a European leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, through the development of Toshiba Places in Asia.
From January to March 2012, Wiztivi developed the Toshiba Places AMEA extension (Asia, Middle East and Africa) for Toshiba’s connected TVs. AMEA Toshiba Places went live at the end of March 2012.
Why did Toshiba choose Wiztivi?
- Proven expertise. Wiztivi has successfully developed and operated the Toshiba Places solution for the entire region since June 2011.
- Tightly controlled costs. The extensibility built into the European platform allowed a smooth and highly cost-effective transition from Europe-only to a global scale.
- Rich built-in services and applications. Several services were prebuilt into the platform and readily usable in the AMEA regions: Flickr, Dailymotion, Facebook and Twitter. Other 3rd party applications, initially deployed within Europe only, were easily ported to the AMEA regions.
Wiztivi built a lab-to-lab relationship with Toshiba Europe and with the R&D center in Japan that operated the connection with the target countries.
- English, French, Russian, Arabic, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Malaysian, Chinese.
- Africa, Middle East and Asia are covered, except China and Japan because of the market differences.